Haujobb are part of the newest wave of electronic dance acts to come storming out of Europe. Along with such other notables as :wumpscut: and VNV Nation, Haujobb are bringing, if possible, an even newer surge of adrenaline to a genre that already seems expanding to burst.
Haujobb formed as a trio in 1993 in Germany, with B. Junemann being the third member to the current duo of Dejan and Daniel. Their first release was on cassette only, the now hopelessly out of print Drift Wheeler. This embryonic issue brought them to the attention of Off Beat records, who released their first CD, Homes and Gardens, later that same year. Haujobb's first German tour occurred in 1994, along with the American release of Homes and Gardens and their first single, Eye Over You.
In 1995, Haujobb attained its current configuration with the departure of B. Junemann. The duo went on to release their second CD, Freeze Frame Reality, and began doing remixes for other bands, including Front Line Assembly and Download. The Frames CD was released, which featured both new material and a number of remixes done by such luminaries as cEvin Key of Skinny Puppy/Download, Adi Newton of Clock DVA, and Mentallo and the Fixer. In the midst of all this activity, a second tour of Germany was successfully launched.
During 1996 the band took part in The Remix Wars Part 1 - :wumpscut: vs. Haujobb, in which each band remixed several tracks from each other's repertoire. It also saw their first full European tour, as well as their debut on America's Metropolis Records, with the highly successful Cleaned Visions single and their drum and bass influenced full length CD, Solutions for a Small Planet. In 1997 came the release of their double EP, Matrix, with one disc of new and remixed electronica material and one disc of samples, while 1998 saw the release of two side projects, Newt and Cleen; as well as the release of the single Less. The second Cleen product, Second Path, with the Haujobb electronica CD, Ninety-nine, both hit the street in early 1999. The remixes from that album, Ninety-nine Remixes, was released in late 1999.
The long awaited return of the architects of sound, Haujobb has finally occurred. Polarity marks the end of a two year hiatus for Haujobb, who take this release to the edge of electronic extremes and beyond. Quite possibly their best album ever, Polarity is packed with electro break beats, ambient structures, and tweaked intricacies that deliver a wide spectrum of sound to fill the quietest void or largest chasm. Embark on a kaleidoscopic journey as Haujobb lead you between extremes of Polarity.
After releasing the highly anticipated Polarity album in 2001, Haujobb returned eight months later with yet another new single, "Penetration". The single gave great incite into what to expect from the new album, Vertical Theory. As Daniel Myer, mastermind behind Haujobb, described the album "a little trance, a little EBM, a little industrial, a little ambient, and a little bit dance, but with that Haujobb 'feel'."
Almost two years after the release of the album Vertical Theory, Haujobb returned with an album of remixed and reinvented tracks. Highly sought after for their legendary remixes, Haujobb now has the favor returned to them by their friends including well known acts such as Glis, Seabound, and This Morn Omina. In addition, Vertical Mixes contained two new tracks and mixes from Haujobb themselves.
In February 2009, Metropolis Records released the out of print Freeze Frame Reality as a digital only release. Frames-The Remix Album was digitally released the following May.
|Manifestation||Frames-The Remix Album|
|Solid State Logic||Freeze Frame Reality|
|Consciousness||Freeze Frame Reality|
|Mind Crush||Vertical Mixes|
|Renegades Of Noize||Vertical Theory|
|Penetration (Assemblage 23 RMX)||Penetration|
|Doubleyou (Tribute Rmx)||Ninetynine Remixes|
|Less||Less (feat. Vanessa Briggs)|
|The Farthest Distance (Haujobb Remix)||Matrix|
|anti/matter||Solutions For a Small Planet|
|Cleaned Visions (extended radiation)||Cleaned Visions|
|FRAMES-THE REMIX ALBUM · MET 598D· |
1. Manifestation 2. Dream Aid (High Frequency/Low Frequencey) 3. Cold Comfort (Scrap Yard) 4. Dream Aid (Different Species) 5. Cold Comfort 6. Yearning (Sub Merged) 7. Eye Over You (Extended Surveillance) 8. Sepsis 9. Friction 10. A4-Main Title 11. Eye Over You (Reconstructed By Adi Newton Of Clock DVA)
|FREEZE FRAME REALITY · MET 586D· |
1. Solid State Logic 2. Dream Aid 3. Consciousness 4. Perfect Average 5. Nezzwerk 6. Trivial 7. World Window 8. Cold Comfort 9. Analysis 10. Sensor 11. Yearning (Chameleon)
|VERTICAL MIXES · MET 376D· |
1. Mind Crush 2. Renegades Of Noize (Remix) 3. Perpetual Motion 4. Metric (Remix) 5. Platform (Remix) 6. We Are The Renegades Of Noize (Haujobb vs This Morn Omina) 7. Platform (Seabound Remix) 8. Metric (Hecq Reemiqs) 9. Renegades Of Noize (Asche Remix) 10. S_adow (Backlash Remix) 11. S_adow (Shok's Scrambled Egg Mix) 12. Slide (Glis Mix) 13. The Noise Institute (1994mix By Iscoloscope)
|VERTICAL MIXES · MET 376· |
1. Mind Crush 2. Renegades of Noize (remix) 3. Perpetual Motion 4. Metric (remix) 5. Platform (remix) 6. Haujobb vs. This Morn Omina 7. Platform (Seabound Remix) 8. Metric (Hecq Reemiqs) 9. Renegades of Noize (Asche remix) 10. S_adow (Backlash remix) 11. S_adow (Shok's Scrambled Egg mix) 12. Slide (Glis remix) 13. The Noise Institute (1994 Mix by Iszoloscope)
|VERTICAL THEORY · MET 255D· |
1. Renegades Of Noize 2. S.adow 3. The Noise Institute 4. A Terrifying Truth 5. Metric 6. Concrete 7. Slide 8. Platform 9. Claim The Planet 10. Faith In Chaos 11. Penetration (Fuck The Floor)
|VERTICAL THEORY · MET 255· |
1. Renegades of Noize 2. S.ADOW 3. The Noise Institute 4. A Terrifying Truth 5. Metric 6. Concrete 7. Slide 8. Platform 9. Claim the Planet 10. Faith in Choas 11. Penetration (Fuck the Floor)
|PENETRATION · MET 245D· |
1. Penetration 2. Penetration (Floor RMX) 3. Course 4. Penetration (Forma Tadre RMX) 5. Penetration (Assemblage 23 RMX) 6. Unseeing (Edit by Guido Le Frick) 7. Penetration (Future Fuck RMX) 8. Penetration (Converter RMX) 9. Dream Aid (Filtered Thru Assemblage 23 RMX) 10. Penetration (Amalgamous RMX)
|POLARITY · MET 214D· |
1. Sect 1 S-E 2. Subsonic 3. Sect 2 N-E 4. Sinus Problem 5. Sect 1 S-W 6. Centuries in Me 7. Sect 3 N-N-E 8. Demon 9. Sect 2 S-W 10. Boom Operator 11. Sect 5 E 12. Last Hero 13. Sect 4 S-S-W 14. Unseeing 15. Sect 4 W 16. Violator 17. Sect 7 N-E 18. Your Pilot 19. Sect 7 S-S-W
|POLARITY · MET 214· |
1. Sect1S-E 2. Subsonic 3. Sect2N-E 4. Sinus Problem 5. Sect1S-W 6. Centuries in Me 7. Sect3N-N-E 8. Demon 9. Sect2S-W 10. Boom Operator 11. Sect5E 12. Last Hero 13. Sect4S-S-W 14. Unseeing 15. Sect4W 16. Violator 17. Sect7N-E 18. Your Pilot 19. Sect7S-S-W
|NINETYNINE REMIXES · MET 157D· |
1. Doubleyou (Tribute Rmx) 2. Pulsar (Rmx) 3. Overflow (Red Sparrow Rmx) 4. Ninetynine (S'apexed) 5. Overpulse (Combination by Photic Sonar) 6. Doubleyou (Dubmix) 7. Cutedge (60:60architext Rmx) 8. Overflow (Infam Rmx) 9. Overflow (For a Space Rmx)
|NINETYNINE · MET 113D· |
1. Grounds 2. Overflow 3. Doubleyou 4. Cutedge 5. Ninetynine 6. Less 7. Pulsar 8. Creator 9. X-flow
|LESS (FEAT. VANESSA BRIGGS) · MET 102D· |
1. Less 2. Less (Photik Sonar Rmx) 3. Less (S'apexed) 4. Less (Saucer Rmx)
|MATRIX · MET 048D· |
1. Cross Fade 2. The Farthest Distance (Haujobb Remix) 3. Transformation (Haujobb Remix) 4. Clear Vision (Covenant Remix) 5. Advanced Deviation (Haujobb Remix) 6. Antiversion (Haujobb Remix) 7. Depths (Forma Tadre Remix) 8. Hyperflow 9. Amplified Distance (Steril Remix) 10. Horizon 11. Sub Unit One (Gregcore Remix) 12. Monologue
|MATRIX · MET 048· |
DISC 1 // 1. Cross Fade 2. The Farthest Distance 3. Transformation 4. Clear Vision 5. Advanced Deviation 6. Antiversion 7. Depths 8. Hyperflow 9. Amplified Distance 10. Horizon 11. Sub Unit One 12. Monologue
|SOLUTIONS FOR A SMALL PLANET · MET 032D· |
1. Clockwise 2. anti/matter 3. Rising Sun 4. Depths 5. Sub Unit One 6. Journey Ahead 7. Distance 8. Deviation 9. Nature's Interface 10. Sub Unit Two 11. Cleaned Vision 12. The Cage Complex 13. Net Culture 14. Transfer 15. Sub Unit Three
|CLEANED VISIONS · MET 022D· |
1. Cleaned Visions (radio - active) 2. Cleaned Visions (extended radiation) 3. Cleaned Visions (rmx by scope) 4. Net Culture (instrumental) 5. Net Culture (file operation error)